1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! its day 30 for my pekin duck eggs there alive but not hatching

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by moreno2138, Mar 24, 2016.

1. moreno2138

moreno2138 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2016
    luther oklahoma
    I have 10 pekin duck eggs in the incubator and it's day 30 should I be concerned? I candled 2 and they seem to be fine moving around inside I can't tell if they have peeped as I can slightly see a Shadow in the air pocket on both and I don't hear anything. I did hold the eggs about 5 days before I put them in the incubator do you think this is why it is taking longer? Any advise is helpful thank you!

2. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    Are you counting the 5 days you held them in the 30? If not then then I would be concerned. You may need to help them hatch, chip away some of their shell and see if you can hear peeping. If there is a lot of blood when you chip the shell stop chipping and wait til the blood stops and see if the ducklings start hatching on their own. If they don't chip away more shell.

3. moreno2138

Mar 24, 2016
    luther oklahoma
    No I am not counting those 5 days. I think maybe I should candle and see how the pipping is going and try to help. Thanks

4. moreno2138

Mar 24, 2016
    luther oklahoma
    When I help poke a little hole where the air is should I do this inside incubator or outside of it?

5. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    They should be fine being out of the incubator for about 20-30 mins while you chip the shell then put them back and see how they do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by