Help its the start of my chickens first hunting season their going mad

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3, Oct 2, 2011.

1. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    This is my first hunting season with my chickens, and there first. There shooting nearby and My roo sugie is marching around and Screaming the alarm song [​IMG] , funkey is just looking around [​IMG] , my hen with an hen saver is runningf around in circles and into things:oops: [​IMG] , the other hen is hideing in the tall grass under an tarp [​IMG] , and the other is standing perfectly still [​IMG] , and there is some kind of bird of prey chirping [​IMG] which is makeing me nervous and worried [​IMG] Dose anyone else have this problem they really are going crazy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HELP

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    They will probably get used to it eventually.

3. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    hmmmm... I wonder if putting them in their coop and locking them up might calm them? Just a thought - I have no idea. Of course, you'd have to do this everytime the shooting starts - but I'd guess it's mostly weekends? Or...could you "create" a place for them to hide? like the one under the tarp??

4. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    Thanks they calmed down after hours of shooting lol I sat in their area all day [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by