Help I've Ran Out Of Room In Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3forfree, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I don't like this bator I'm using. When I used it last year for pheasant eggs, and just laid the 12 eggs on the hardware cloth, it was fine, I could see the thermometer/hygrometer. I could add water when I wanted. Now I've over filled it. I've got 24 chicken eggs in 2 styrofoam cartons, and there isn't room for anything else. They've only been on heat for 24 hours, will it hurt to put them in bigger bator? If I wait acouple of days to get another ready and stabilize heat and humidity will that hurt. I need help

2. abritton77

abritton77 Chirping

Jan 9, 2011
    Broken Bow
    I moved some to a new homemade bator the other day and they are hatching now.

3. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Songster

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Go on Craigslist and find a Leahy Incubator. I've also found them at antique stores. LOVE MINE!!! It holds up to 416 eggs but you can get them smaller.

Dave

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I have moved eggs from one incubator to another with no problems, as long as temperature and humidity are stable in both.

5. 3forfree

3forfree Songster

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    I brought the bigger one inside, and plugged it in w/2 100W bulbs in it, and some water that should warm it up. I"ll watch how it's doing, maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll switch them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: