Help - Japanese quail hens gone mad!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Parrotmomm, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Parrotmomm

Parrotmomm New Egg

Dec 4, 2008
    This is my first time posting on the board and I'm in need of some help with my Japanese quails [​IMG] I have housed 2 hens and one cock in a 6' L x 2 ' D x 6' H cage (they are housed with our cockatiels and parakeets). Things have been fantastic the last few months, the hens have layed eggs daily since I brought them home and I have seen the cock mate with both hens *they mate whenever I bring new food or water - kinda cute [​IMG]* Well the last few days, I'm not sure what has changed but my ladies have it out for this poor guy [​IMG] They attack him every given chance *I was litterly tossing the hens to the side as they ran at the cock and like rubber balls they just came charging back!* What happened???? They are such gentle birds, what could be going on? Right now I'm going to have to give either the male or the hens to a new home because I'm afraid they may kill him [​IMG] Any ideas or insight to my problem? [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow, I have no idea, but I hope someone else comes along to give you some advice. And [​IMG]

3. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    [​IMG]

I hope somebody with Japenese Quails comes along and gives you a good answer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by