Help Judging Calls looks & price

IHeartCapnHook

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
North Dallas
So the calls I was interested in... the guy sold them. So... What are your thoughts on this set of whites....???? They are on eggbid. What would be a good capping price on them?
Thanks so much friends!!
bow.gif

29801_white_pair.jpg

Quote:
Nice type birds but it looks like the call on left has black on her bill. That would be a fault on a duck and a very serious fault on a drake. Bid what you will, its your money, but I don't think I would go over $80 for the pair. The seller tends to have good show calls but I would ask about the duck's bill it just might be in the picture only.

Last edited:
My professional opinion, as a call duck owner? Now stop me if I get too technical here, I have a habit of using very complex call terminology:
I would say that the one on the left has the most fattest ickle fluffy white butt wiv extra sqwueeeziness anna snooglebelly.
And the one on the right hazza bootiful fattychubby cheekie with kissybits anna ickle smiley beakle.
big_smile.png

And Eggybritches, loud? LOUD? I can still hear them halfway up the road!!!!! And woe betide anyone fall over where they can see, you can hear them laughing two doors down!!

Those calls... I wiped out on ice in front of the duck pen, and they just cracked up.
lol.png

Its hard to find a white female without a little black in her beak. I have heard its related to hormones/fertility. You may not want to show her, but she would probably make a good breeder.

The purpose... get a decent set of calls, produce some good looking offspring... so when my kids are a little older and able to enter 4H they can have a decent friend to show. I'm not looking to show right away... just get a decent set, make TONS of baby duckies so I can have TONS of bigger duckies
big_smile.png
And yes, I am fully aware that they are not the sturdiest of breeds and will not get TONS of offspring. I'm just being silly because I can be.

Thanks so much for your advice everyone. Like I said... not too knowledgeable of standard or prices... and your help and advice is always welcome!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
That is what I said, it would be a fault (loses points) I did not say it would be DQ'ed. It is usually blamed on hormones releated to egg production I thought these were supposed to be pullets ('09 hatch) so it should be very minor and get more each year (like grey hairs in human mothers). White calls are very Competitive at most shows so the black on the bill of a pullet would tend to cost you BV. They are both very nice type and should make good breeders.

Back
Top Bottom