HELP-Just went to check my broody and found one chick...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    in front of her pretty cold! [​IMG] =/ I actually thought it was dead but touched it and it immediately started to cheep so i (my hens really really sweet) pushed it up under her and she accepted the chick and the chick you could tell was trying to get up under her! Did I do right? WRONG? Should I go get it and put it under a brooder light? It didnt look like it was drying out right! [​IMG] BUT, it is NASTY raining weather!

HELP:barnie

2. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    Watch it VERY close! She may be rejecting it for some unseen reason. If it gets left out again... take it to the light! Better safe than sorry.

3. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    that's what i'm doing...actually dh just went out to get the brooder light going...i didnt really inspect it to see if anything was wrong with it--PLUS i don't have a clue what im looking at...AND i don't know what that one actually hatched? GAH

4. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Yes - set up the brooder - its too cold outside this time of year to leave this one alone. Maybe momma doesn't know just what to do with a chick yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by