help leg issues

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by edwarra, Sep 3, 2014.

1. edwarra

edwarra Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2014
    hello, I have a chicken that has been limping for the past 2 days. I have checked her leg and and there is no visible injury, nothing seems to be broken. She cannot put any weight on the leg. She doesn't seem to be in pain, she is eating, and drinking. Yesterday I put her in a cage inside my house to isolate her I live in Ga and it was 100 yesterday I thought she might get to hot in the carrier, she didn't eat any of the food I left for her. Then I felt bad because she was lonely, the others are not picking on her and still treat her as part of the flock. I put her back outside last night in the coop after it cooled down a bit, I checked about 1/2 hour later and she was outside sitting with the others. I have been putting the vitamin B complex in the water but I do not know if she has been drinking that water. I tried to give her the mixture in a syringe, that didn't work to well. How long should i give her and if it is Mereck's how long until the others show symptoms? Right now they are all fine. Any advice? I am a new chicken mom I have only had them for about 3 months and they were 4 or 5 months when i got them.

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Have you checked her feet for possible bumblefoot?

3. edwarra

May 9, 2014
    what do i look for?

4. WildWyandott110

WildWyandott110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lumps between the toes.

5. edwarra

May 9, 2014
    i didnt see anything unusual when I looked at her toes as i was checking for something broken.

6. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
  7. edwarra

May 9, 2014
    No bumble foot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by