Help! Lethargic hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by awheel11, Jun 25, 2010.

1. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Yesterday i went out in the morning and one of my hens was acting completely normal. But by afternoon she was spending a long time in one of the nesting boxes and when she finally left it she was much slower and not as active as she usually is. There was no egg from her in the box. She just keeps acting more lethargic and she is one of my most active birds! This morning i found some bloody stool in the coop that i believe is from her and she is missing a lot of the feathers by her vent and lower belly. What's wrong? Could she be egg bound? Please help!

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I almost wonder if she isnt trying to go broody... The missing belley and vent feathers lead me to that conclusion.. \\

3. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    i thought that at first, too. but then she didn't stay in the nesting box and was very droopy outside the pen and didn't want to eat any treats. She also had some yellow ooze coming out of her vent. She's starting to perk up a bit more now, so i think she's coming out of it though [​IMG]

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Well I hope she is doing better;.. Hopefully she was just a little down...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by