Help Lonely Chick in MD!

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
I don't have another hatch due for 10 days and this baby is unbarably loud does anyone near MD or PA have newly hatched chicks I just need one or two. This little guy is driving me crazy with all of his chirping and will only be quite when I am around cute but not when he lives in the family room!

Thanks,
Henry

Keep him (I mean HER) in your pocket?? sorry, I guess I'm not helping!
lau.gif

heh, Henry, i thought at first this was something more personal. but after reading the Faverolles thread i know the plight of a lonely chick!
lau.gif

just don't baby it for those 10 days or you'll have a terrible 'toddler' on your hands when you add the newbies to it's brooder.

Chickie'sMoma :

heh, Henry, i thought at first this was something more personal. but after reading the Faverolles thread i know the plight of a lonely chick!
lau.gif

just don't baby it for those 10 days or you'll have a terrible 'toddler' on your hands when you add the newbies to it's brooder.

Its already bonded to my hand aparently it cries and will only be quite when I have my hand in the brooder. I guess I may just have to move the brooder somewhere else for a while right next to the kitchen and the office where my dad works all day. I can't keep it in my pocket at school or work ha ha. I have 10 eggs four blrw bantams and six faverolles.

Henry​

I saw someone hung a feather duster in with a loner....

Glad you found a "more leaving" creature though....
smile.png

Have a blessed day!

Hi! I feel bad for your poor little chick! I am in So. Md. and I have two smooth bantam buff-laced Polish chicks you are welcome to purchase. They are about a week old. From show parents, but I don't feel they will be show-quality when mature. Please let me know asap if you'd like them so I can hold them for you. My zip is 20636 if you'd like to see how far it is from wherever you are in Md!
smile.png
"Mom" was a frizzle, "Dad" was a smooth. Here are two pics of "Mom," one as a chick and one as a juvenile.

28234_buff_laced_chick.jpg
28234_buff_laced_juvenile.jpg

Quote:
I have a singleton chick as of this morning, so far tolerating it if we hug her now and then, but I love your little hen! I don't have any more due for a month :\\

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom