1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Lonely Chick in MD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hcammack, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I don't have another hatch due for 10 days and this baby is unbarably loud does anyone near MD or PA have newly hatched chicks I just need one or two. This little guy is driving me crazy with all of his chirping and will only be quite when I am around cute but not when he lives in the family room!

Thanks,
    Henry

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Keep him (I mean HER) in your pocket?? sorry, I guess I'm not helping! [​IMG]

3. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    Would putting a radio on softly near it help?

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    heh, Henry, i thought at first this was something more personal. but after reading the Faverolles thread i know the plight of a lonely chick! [​IMG]

just don't baby it for those 10 days or you'll have a terrible 'toddler' on your hands when you add the newbies to it's brooder.

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Chickie'sMoma :

heh, Henry, i thought at first this was something more personal. but after reading the Faverolles thread i know the plight of a lonely chick! [​IMG]

just don't baby it for those 10 days or you'll have a terrible 'toddler' on your hands when you add the newbies to it's brooder.

Its already bonded to my hand aparently it cries and will only be quite when I have my hand in the brooder. I guess I may just have to move the brooder somewhere else for a while right next to the kitchen and the office where my dad works all day. I can't keep it in my pocket at school or work ha ha. I have 10 eggs four blrw bantams and six faverolles.

Henry​

6. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Henry -

I have some bantam cochin chicks due to hatch on Monday if they lonely little guy can wait that long? Let me know!

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Ya he defently can that should work well!

8. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I saw someone hung a feather duster in with a loner....

Glad you found a "more leaving" creature though....[​IMG]

Have a blessed day!

9. baregretchen

baregretchen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    So. Maryland
    Hi! I feel bad for your poor little chick! I am in So. Md. and I have two smooth bantam buff-laced Polish chicks you are welcome to purchase. They are about a week old. From show parents, but I don't feel they will be show-quality when mature. Please let me know asap if you'd like them so I can hold them for you. My zip is 20636 if you'd like to see how far it is from wherever you are in Md! [​IMG] "Mom" was a frizzle, "Dad" was a smooth. Here are two pics of "Mom," one as a chick and one as a juvenile.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:I have a singleton chick as of this morning, so far tolerating it if we hug her now and then, but I love your little hen! I don't have any more due for a month :\\

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by