HELP!!! Looking for a replacement for my 9 week old Ameraucana....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Beautiful, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Beautiful

Beautiful Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    McAllen Texas
    Hello!!! Well I'm looking to buy a replacement for my Ameraucana... These pictures were taken yesterday of both my daughters 9 week old chicks.. We bought them at a day old... Sadly last night the white and black one fell in the pool and it didnt make it... I need to find someone who is willing to send me a replacement (I will pay) that resembles her before spring break when my daughters will be coming here to Texas..... Looking for around the same age and coloring.... I feel so bad and I dont want to have to tell her that her chicken died....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    If they came from a hatchery, they are called EE's (Easter Eggers) on BYC, not Ameraucanas, though hatcheries usuallly call them Ameraucanas. You can't safely ship a 9 week old chick. You might try advertising locally. This will be a tricky thing to do, but you can try.

3. Beautiful

Feb 9, 2012
    McAllen Texas
    oh ok thank u.....

4. Beautiful

Feb 9, 2012
    McAllen Texas
    I bought them from a man over here in South TX that ony breeds pure Ameraucanas, but he only has newly hatched, and a few up to a month old, was hoping to find one the same age.. Oh well...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by