1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!!! Looks like baby chick is drowning in egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scootapoot, Mar 3, 2015.

1. scootapoot

scootapoot Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    Hi! I have a blk copper moran egg hatching. I can't tell if I assisted to soon or to late this time :( veins are not fully absorbed, gave him a hole in membrane big enough for his head. He is foaming out of his mouth and seems to be tiring! Ths is my first hatch :( 6 siblings hatched yesterday am. There are 3 left. One just pipped internally this morning. Had to assist another and him because they have been pipped internally for a long time with no external pip. He also has a small underbite? Maybe why he could pip? Is he drowning? What can I do? :(

2. scootapoot

Jun 17, 2013
    Never mind responding, I lost the chick :(

3. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    So sorry. [​IMG] Sometimes if they don't make it out on their own, it just wasn't meant to survive.

4. FarmerMac

FarmerMac Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2014
    Virginia
    X2

5. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I never help them any more

6. scootapoot

Jun 17, 2013
    Thanks guys :) I felt horrible. Afterwords, I opened up the shell, and the yolk sac was fully absorbed. I thought, man! I could have peeled a little more away, and helped her more :( but I know they all can't make it :( out of 9 that made it to lockdown, I have 6 that are doing great! So that made me happy :) my ducks are hatchin today! I have 8 that made it to hatch, and 4 pipped this morning and the others are peepin away! I had a ton of glitches with my incubator, still air :-/ but I THINK I figured the bator out now, so we will see how my next batch goes! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by