HELP MAGGOT IN MY KITTEN

May 31, 2017
Mo
I rescued a newborn kitten and was acting normal for a baby kitten but then we noticed that he had i very bloody butt and there was no hair anywhere near her bum and then there was this little hole next to her bum and THERE WAS A MAGGOT IN THE LITTLE HOLE i got it out but now what will she be fine? Do i need to take herto the vet? Will there be more of themin her? It was tan and alittle bit bigger then half an inch. PLEASE HELP ASAP

I rescued a newborn kitten and was acting normal for a baby kitten but then we noticed that he had i very bloody butt and there was no hair anywhere near her bum and then there was this little hole next to her bum and THERE WAS A MAGGOT IN THE LITTLE HOLE i got it out but now what will she be fine? Do i need to take herto the vet? Will there be more of themin her? It was tan and alittle bit bigger then half an inch. PLEASE HELP ASAP
14994787341651003361954.jpg

Yes, she needs to see the vet. That hole needs to be flushed out in case any more maggots are in there, in my experience, where there is one there is more. She may also need antibiotics for whatever caused the hole in the first place. A newborn kitten is a lot of work. Depending on age, she may need to be fed every 2 hrs around the clock with kitten milk replacer and will need you to rub her butt with a warm, damp cloth in order to poop. See the vet and they can guide you . Good luck

Back
Top Bottom