help male or female?! pictures!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kaylove, May 10, 2011.

1. kaylove

kaylove Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    I bought 1 from a feed store and they said for sure it is sexed and a female, but my other one i bought from a farmer and i don't know what it is..he said it's possibly a female. AND i'd like to know what breed they are?? thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    One looks like a female Black Sex-link and the other look like a Barred Rock female?

Nate

3. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    i hope they are both females :[ when will signs of a rooster show up?? the feed store said the black and white one was a female for sure. they said it's breed name is like ost..something. is there a chicken breed taht starts with the letter O?

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Brown one looks like a partridge rock.

I don't believe the other is a BR... could be a marans, orpington.... lots of possibilities... AND too early to gender them.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

6. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

7. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    yes that was the name! australorp..yeah! and the comb of the other little one..isn't so big.. he's just really small. does it really look like a roo???[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I definately think the one you have several pictures of is a roo. Comb usually isn't that big on a pullet when they are that small.

9. kaylove

May 10, 2011
    if it's a roo.. i cant keep it..what would i do with it? is there places to give them away!? ive been thinking its a roo for a long time.

10. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    You can use Freecycle if you want to give him away or Craigslist to give or sell him. You might want to wait a little while longer to make sure its a roo. It's really difficult to be sure at this age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by