help!!! male or female???????

moriahjoyful

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2021
I have two 6 month old pekins. One quacks loudly, is about 30% smaller, bossy, HAS A TAIL CURL, and is less apt to cuddle. The other is really large, has a tail curl, raspy voice, very calm and mellow and is super affectionate and loving. I am utterly confused by the tail curl. I felt strongly she was female from the beginning but now I'm confused! Help!

I have two 6 month old pekins. One quacks loudly, is about 30% smaller, bossy, HAS A TAIL CURL, and is less apt to cuddle. The other is really large, has a tail curl, raspy voice, very calm and mellow and is super affectionate and loving. I am utterly confused by the tail curl. I felt strongly she was female from the beginning but now I'm confused! Help!

Can you post a video of the sounds. I have found in my experience with pekins the tail curl wasn't reliable until they were older, like a year or more. At this point tho any that are doing the LOUD female honking sound is likely a girl.

Can you post a video of the sounds. I have found in my experience with pekins the tail curl wasn't reliable until they were older, like a year or more. At this point tho any that are doing the LOUD female honking sound is likely a girl.
oooooh this is very helpful thank you! It is 7 degrees here right now so I will capture a video when I go out a bit later for feeding and treats:)

Back
Top Bottom