Help!! Mama has gotten off her eggs right as they're hatching and she's not going back!

Pescadorutah

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
My eggs have started piping and have cracked a hole in their shells hatching. And now mama has left the nest and ain't returning!
Can I bring the eggs inside into the brooder with a Heat lamp to hatch? Do I add a bowl of warm water for humidity?
Help! I don't want to lose the chicks :(

Lost one chick :(
This one hatched and seems ok but the egg is still connected by a thread at her bottom.
How does this come off?

I've never hatched under a broody before so I can't speak to that, hopefully someone else here knows what to do. But as for the shell attached, check to see how it is attached. Is it connected to the feathers by some sticky stuff or is it coming from the umbilical. Usually it will just pull off on its own as the chick moves around. That is what happened to one of mine this morning. If it looks like the yolk wasn't fully absorbed, you can search about that issue. Lots of people on here have great suggestions of how to take care of the chick until it can absorb the rest of the yolk. How many eggs are left on the nest? What did you end up doing? If you have an incubator I would suggest putting them in there. You might be able to candle them and see if there is life in any of the others. Sorry I can't be more help! Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom