1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP ME! BEAUTIFUL HEN UNKNOWN BREED!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by craZ4animals, Jan 19, 2014.

1. craZ4animals

craZ4animals Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2014
    St.petersburg, Florida
    This is savannah!! She's broody right now! She was given to me by a lady I met down the street. Kim told me she was a Rhode Island Red. Savannah lays white eggs and is a very sleek,medium small size bird. The more I look at Pics of Rhode Island reds, savannah doesn't look like the breed. She has yellow/ gold, some brown n a green sheen to her. She loves rummaging for bugs more than eating her feed, she's always jumping the fence and is very smart but can be skiddish. I've had her for over 2 years n have no idea what kind of bird she is?!? Please help?!!!![​IMG][​IMG] here's a better pic of her before she went broody!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Could she be a brown leghorn?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  3. Studio2770

Studio2770 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2013
    She's not a leghorn, leghorns have white earlobes. Interesting she lays white eggs, she could have leghorn in her. Her pattern looks like that of an easter egger. She's a mix; possibly leghorn with EE and maybe another breed.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    From how she looks and how you say she acts, she might be a game hen.

5. Flat Rock farm

Flat Rock farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    Branchton, ON Canada
    I was going to say by her feather colour that she was a Danish Brown Leghorn, but as Studio2770 commented she does not have white ear lobes. So I would say a leghorn X???

6. olijo123

olijo123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    WV
    I may not be right, but to me she looks like a Welsummer hen. I have a Welsummer that looks exactly like her. She may also be a mixed breed, you never know! Hope this helps!

7. luvmypets

luvmypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    I am in love with your avatar is the horse yours...Gypsys are beautiful

8. SwedishDude99

SwedishDude99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    El Dorado County, Ca
    I would say welsummer.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Is she a bantam? She could be an Old English Game bantam, or a full-sized Old English Game.

10. craZ4animals

craZ4animals Out Of The Brooder

Jan 15, 2014
    St.petersburg, Florida
    Thanks for all the feedback!! I will have to check her ears tomorrow morning when I open up the coop to see if she has white ears.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by