HELP ME!!! CHICKS HATCHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvchikies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
I have my humidity at 52% and they are piping but people is saying its TOO LOW!!! but can't bring it up to 60% will they make it??????????? NEED HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE

DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR!

Just hold tight, and their hatching will raise the humidity on it's own. If they are pipping, just keep hands off for the next 24-48 hrs. It can take a chick a day or more to hatch once pipped. So hold tight. Long waiting to go!

put a sponge in? paper towles? take spray bottle and spray them, need to have it at 60% or they may stick to shell. i read it wrong DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR, i thought it was getting time for them to start pip. sorry for my mistake. william

Last edited:
Not sure thats a good idea all those make you open bator. I wouldn't open it if they are pipped already. I didn't listen and had a terrible time with sticky chicks and dead chicks. I would try adding water through air holes if possible. But don't open the bator.

the humidity will rise quickly once they start pipping and zipping, once the first one has hatched you will probably be at almost 70 % I would not worry this is normal.

chicks piped like about an hour or 2 and they haven't piped more I just hear them peeping but no piping. Is that normal????????

they will be fine, sorry i read it wrong awhile ago, for it could take 24 to 48 hours for the to hatch. they can stay in bator for up to three days without food or water. just do not open the bator till all of them have hatched. william

Back
Top Bottom