Ok, my DH and I have an amazing four-year-old daughter. She is incredible and we love her to death! I am currently in school for my PhD, but I am very ready to have another baby. Unfortunately, my husband things we should wait until we move back to California (not a guaranteed thing at all!!). I have another 1.5 to 2 years left in my program but am essentially done with my classes - just research remaining. I don't currently do any research that I couldn't do while pregnant and my last 6 months/year will be mostly writing my dissertation. When I get done here, I will most likely get a post-doc position or move into an assistant professor position. I don't know what type of research I would be doing and there is a good chance I would be working with hazardous substances - not ideal for getting pregnant again!!! So here's my other issue; our daughter is four. I am worried we will wait too long, we won't want to start all over again and we will end up with an only child (not the end of the world, but I really want more than one!!). My husband has already made noises to this effect. So how do I convince him? Help!!