Help me convince my mom Bernard needs a girlfriend!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Goat_Walker, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    So, Last June I "rescued" three goslings. I say rescued because i bought them at a fleamarket at 3 weeks old and they were pale, dehydrated, and dull. Well I ended up with two boys and one girl. ANd I love them all.

Well I ended up with a pair of not very nice White chinese that come at the whistle and walk right up to me and walk around the yard with me BUT the gander attacks sometimes and they dont like being touched.

THen I have Bernard. Bernard is my snuggle bug. He follows me around the yard, loves being picked up and cuddled, talks to me and acts all depressed when i dont show him attention. If Im taking pictures and im not taking pictures of him he starts pouting and nibbling a my clothes till i give him attention.

My thing is I think he should have his own girlfriend. Both boys protect Lucy and follow her around but can one female stand both boys? Will the boys fight over her once spring really gets started? They all grew up together but this is my first experience with geese.

So - tips? Advice?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by