Help me decide!!! Quickly! Blue Ameracaunas

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by IroquoisEgg, Aug 12, 2010.

1. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Hey like-minded chicken friends, I have an opportunity to purchase true Blue Ameracauna Chicks. They are straight run, $9.00 each. 2 weeks old. Should i do it? I'm a little hesitant because they are so much and could end up getting roos!! What should I do? Are these really as rare as I have heard? They are not EE's. What would you do??? I'm sposed to write back and pick a time for pick up...

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Oooo... I'm waiting to get one myself. That is a bit pricey, but if it's not going to make too much of a dent in you budget, I'd go for it. Get three or four to increase your chance of getting a roo. You might even be able to sell the roos.

3. JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom

JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    West Central WI
    Seems expensive, but it may be the going rate in your area, or they may be higher quality.

We have some BBS Ameraucana, 3 blue youngsters running around right now. I do not think they are incredibly rare, at least not in our neighborhood. The Best of Show at our small county fair was a beautiful Blue Ameraucana Rooster.

Good Luck with All!

4. AmCanyonStables

AmCanyonStables Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    American Canyon
    Well, I would, but I really want blue ameacaunas. Do you know if they have any splash?

5. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    I'm not sure, I know she has a Black pair of ameraucanas, 11 weeks old. She also has those penedesenca chicks. They were almost extinct at some point, spanish chicken i believe. Yeah, I am going to get 3, cause I figure that'll better the odds! Joann, do you have any pics of your youngins'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by