Help me decide which rooster I should keep (Poll included) VIDEOS!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by happyhens44, May 14, 2011.

1. Mereece

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Edward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Hello. I Might have to get rid of a rooster [​IMG] please help me decide who

First contestant Mereece

My name is Mereece, I am a OEGB. I love myself, and I am handsome. You should pick me because I know how to treat the ladies right. Im not rough when "doing my job".I love to dance. Never challenge my flock keeper. Mind my own buisness. And im currently snuggling with the flock keeper, in her jacket (no joke [​IMG] ) I dont have spurs,just little nubs.
    VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHt6is48dQ

Second
    contestant Edward
    Hello. My name is Edward. Im a EE, and a big boy!. I Am a lover To the hens. I dance for them, and pick them treats, plus when there in the nesting boxes,ill lay next to them and talk to them, and make a nest of the coop floor for them, but they reject it. I like to flap my wings at the flock keeper, but NEVER attack her, I do enjoy bocking at her! she doesnt mind.
    VIDEO:

Well Make your pick! who should stay who should be on craigslist

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    Got pictures?

3. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I have a video of one. I can get a video of the other [​IMG] 10 mins please

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Is the one I pick the one that I think should stay or the one that I think should go?

5. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't the boys get along? They both sound charming. How many girls do you have? I usually keep 2 roos with about 25 hens.

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I picked Mereece for staying. I hope i did it right

7. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Well, lucky you! [​IMG] Both of your boys sound like very nice respectful roosters.
    Are they currently residing together in the same pen / fenced area? I ask because sometimes a roosters personality can change a bit when he becomes the solo roo... maybe you should keep them both [​IMG] to keep the peace.
    Also, how old are they... if they are still pretty young it may be too soon to make a good personality judgment.
    Good luck to you!!!

8. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    There both new roosters to the flock. I think there both a year. I have 12 hens but I bunch of pullets in the brooder. So My augest ill have around 30 mature hens, but right now. Only 12. I have had them both for 8-10 days now., got them from a friend

9. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I'm fond of bantams it is easy for me [​IMG]

10. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:There both 1 years old. They are both new, so they try to fight to get pecking order right. there in the same area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by