Help me decide which rooster to keep! UDATE!!! THEY WERE SAVED!!!

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
Sadly, I can't decide between two roosters that I really like. I can only keep one silkie rooster, as the rest will be getting butchered on Thursday
Two of them I don't mind because of the major faults but these two are really nice and I'd hate to see the one I reject die. I am sad about them being butchered, but i'm worried that I may make the mistake of keeping the wrong rooster, as far as good traits go. Could you please help me?

Rooster #1

Rooster #2

These were ordered from Ideal Hatchery so I do not expect them to be great quality. If needed, I can post a video of them. Thanks for any opinions, and if someone is interested they may take whatever roo I decide not to keep, as long as they can pick it up.

Last edited:

Bock_Bock

Songster
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
Hayward, Ca
i say number 2 as he looks more fluffed out like a silkie the 1st one looks like it isnt as fluffed out, and number 2 looks so much more witer i like it

Master S.M.C

Songster
11 Years
Jan 23, 2009
Maryland
Sorry about you have to chose ( I surely couldn't pick just one) but maybe someone will take the other roo off your hands so you know it's in a good place. I would go with rooster #2

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I think you should go with the one that you think has the better personality. And then try to find a home for the other one.

Last edited:

kees

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2008
They look so similar that I would concur that you might consider keeping the friendliest roo that gets along well with your other birds.

Suzy

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Number one has a slightly darker comb... but number 2 had better foot feathering and what looks like it will be a fuller tail. But keep the one with the better personality and temperament with the girls

Top Bottom