Help me figure out these breeds...

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
These are the "neighborhood" chickens that adopted us when we recently moved in. I'd like to know a little more about them if anyone can help.

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for the help! She lays an off white or cream.. but it's really really close to white (not as white as store bought). At least I think she's the one laying... she's def the one sitting on them.

cackleberrycam

Songster
6 Years
Sep 28, 2013
Well, then it is VERY possible that she is a Leghorn.
lol.png

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
I just realized she's not the one that's been laying on them... it's the one she runs round with that orange-ish neck feathers and a redish brown body.... the picture of her is smaller and not very clear.

Krichie82

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 9, 2014
I honestly don't know. I have a new egg in the box everyday when I get home from work but I've only see that one sitting on them one time.

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
These are the "neighborhood" chickens that adopted us when we recently moved in. I'd like to know a little more about them if anyone can help. Not sure on breed, but not a leghorn--the earlobe color is wrong. Maybe a large-fowl Silver Duckwing Old English Game?

Mixed breed, probably with some gamebird in her.

The photo is a little far away, but could be a Rhode Island Red or other gamebird mix.

Mixed breed or Australorp.

Black Australorp.

Top Bottom