Help me figure out what these chicks are....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rieckerschicks, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rieckerschicks

rieckerschicks New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    [​IMG]Here are some chicks I have recently aquired.... most of which I am not sure what they are. Some came from Tractor supply and some came from breeders. Thanks for all the help!! :)[​IMG][​IMG]

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    The first one in pic #1 is a Light Brahma, does #2 have feathered legs? And in picture #3 the black chick with the spot on it's head is a Barred Rock, and those goldenish chicks look like Brown Sexlinks or Production Reds.

3. rieckerschicks

rieckerschicks New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    yes number 2 does have feathered legs and his feathers that have come in so far sort of flip out.

4. what color are the legs on the white and red/gold ones?? The mostly white ones..I should say.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  5. Jersey... Is #2 a dark Brahma??? I cant tell

Edited...
    No I dont think so, Marans Is my best guess on # 2.

6. chikenscratch

chikenscratch Chillin' With My Peeps

You've got one Rhode Island Red, one Barred Rock, 3 Red Star (red sex-link), an Australorp, and I don't know what the rest are.

7. Jersey is right...

I'll add that I think he is leaning towards Marans for # 2 which I would agree with.

The only question I had was on the mostly white with a little red. If they have green legs, then they are easter eggers....If yellow legs then they are a production red sex link (probably the variety of a NHR roo over a white rock hen)

8. rieckerschicks

rieckerschicks New Egg

Apr 10, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]Here are some more of my babys.... Thanks for all the help!

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by