Help me find an old duck thread re: pond

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wynette, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I saw a thread probably a year ago, and haven't been able to find it again.

The person posting had an enclosed are for their ducks, and at one end, they built up the ground with dirt and then used a pre-formed plastic pond in the built-up area. Thus, the bottom of the pond was actually at ground level. They added a drain, and because the pond was at ground level, they were able to easily drain it to clean/refill if needed. Also, they added some sort of pea gravel all around the pond to reduce the dirt/mud factor carried into the water.

The person posting it showed several pictures, and I can somewhat visualize it, but would really like to take a look at it again. I'm hoping someone might remember who that was so I can search and find the thread! Thanks, friends!

2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
  3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    The pic in post #9 looks similar, but the pond I'm thinking of was built up into a small hill - sort of like they put the rigid pond on the ground, then added dirt all around it, sloping it away from the pond, so the pond was sort of like at the top of a hill. But this is a good start to what I was thinking - thanks, Fisher!

4. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
  5. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
  6. FisherMOM

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    ooohhh nice.. I bet it is! good job!

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Geosheets, that's not the one I remember, but it's the same concept - awesome! THANKS so much for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by