help me guess the gender of my flock. please. :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by motherhen71185, Mar 20, 2013.

1. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Hello everyone. I am new to this and these are my first chicks. Can you help me tell what is what? I apologize for the long post. couldn't find one good pic of each group.
    frist up - 3 barred rocks 3 black austrolorps 1 silver laced wy and 1 gold laced wy (bought as pullets)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Speckled Sussex straight run

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this one is older - about 4 weeks
    [​IMG]

black copper marans - a few if different ages
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

easter eggers (bought as pullets)

[​IMG]

buff orps (bought as pullets)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any guess are welcome. :) I know I won't know for sure for about another month or 2.

2. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Any one???? Please??

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Much too young, give them about 3-4 weeks for a first tentative guess and then again at about 10 weeks if there are any iffy ones that could go either way.

4. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Are you asking for their sex? Did you buy them from a hatchery? They're usually right on sexing.

I think the only ones I could even try to sex that young would be the barred rocks and it would have to be from pictures of their headspots when they're only a couple of days old.

Sorry - I know how hard it is to wait until they grow to see if they're a boy or girl. I have an easter egger in my brooder that I'm watching too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by