Help me ID these chicks Please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenranchwife, Mar 23, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are just a few of them can anyone tell me what they are? I have more pics uploading.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    OMG they are so cute! The second pic, i beleive the two black and white are barred rocks.

3. chickenranchwife

Thanks, I figured that one out, but was curious about the rest. We took them yesterday. Here's another one. [​IMG]

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    how many toes do the feather feet have? are they all feather footed? if the black ones r all feather footed they r not barred rocks. alot of them look cochin to me.

5. chickenranchwife

They all have 4 toes, there are two that have black feet but only 4 toes. Most have feathered legs/feet. Could any of them be brahmas? They are an assortment, and they could be barred cochins or mottled cochins.
    And another pic.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I have a cuckoo maran with feathers on her legs. Could that be a possibility?

7. chickenranchwife

I don't think that was one of the choices, but black and white langshans was one of them. I know in that last picture the one with naked legs is a BR Roo. I ordered him that way.

8. treeguardian

treeguardian New Egg

Mar 23, 2008
    The feathers on the legs make them appear to all be cochin varieties. They are cute!

9. chickenranchwife

I was thinking they were all cochins, but wasn't sure! Thanks! Here's another pic. [​IMG] I wonder if that one isn't a silver laced cochin. Here is what might be a red cochin. Been hoping for frizzles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by