Help me identify her?

chikky

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2009
Glenmont, Ohio
I picked her up at a swap meet. Very agile and good flyer! Can anyone help me figure out what breed Doris is?

34225_pics91210duckpond_010.jpg

34225_pics8210ducksdeermoreducks_030.jpg

How's this one? (I sadly lack picture-taking skills.....)

She's just a little larger (longer neck, more flexible) than the whites. I see pics of BEIs and Cayaugas and not sure if she's one of those or some kind of mix, or ???

Last edited:
Ya i would say she is a breed of call or mix, cayugas are much larger, but I am really uneducated on the different types of calls. sorry, hopefully someone can tell you specifically what you type call you have.

Last edited:
Definetly some type of Call...Cayugas are like 6 1/2 pounds and are flightless like all other Mallard-Derivatives

ETA: Very pretty little ducky
big_smile.png

Last edited:
See that confuses the heck out of me, because every cayuga or black duck i've came across has a one or two/or more white feathers on it and i guess the east indies do to, but when it comes to showing them it is a disqualification if they have a white feather on them. What's up with that?

Show winning BEIs will have no white feathers showing, but if a duck has one or two small white feathers they are allowed to be plucked, but your not allowed to pluck large tail or wing feathers. If I remember right, females will more likely to have white, and if you have a male with white you shouldn't breed it. Also if your really curious, look up pictures of way older BEIs, they're almost totally a different color!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom