Help me identify my little game hen breed!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by takethelead, Aug 1, 2013.

1. takethelead

takethelead Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    I had her since she was a few days old my neighbor gave her to me and he never told me what type of game chicken she was other than just saying she is a game chicken. she is about 10 weeks old maybe more but she is still small any one have any ideas on what she might be? [​IMG][​IMG]

2. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    if the legs are green , i feel pretty sure she is what's called a "Hatch" ............ a long line of infamous game chickens dating back to the 30's(give or take a few years)in northeast USA to a Mr Hatch who was noted for having very strong hard hitting fowl ........ but they really became famous in the years since as they proceeded South and were used with other lines and always made the results much better , today they are still one of the Top lines .

Shannon

3. takethelead

takethelead Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    They arent a really dark or vibrant type of green but they are more green then a yellow.

4. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    Sorry for not getting back to you ....... but i think we could safely say she is a "Game pullet" that looks the part of hatch blood .
    Bet she turns out to be a great hen (congrats) .

Best to You ,
    Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by