Help me identify the breed

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickeningallday, Oct 17, 2019.

1. chickeningallday

chickeningallday Hatching

May 1, 2019
    Couple years ago I brough a baby chick from my great grandmother and she had few chicks since then. I know her name in my country, but I am also looking for the american name of this breed. I could't figure it out.
    Here are some pics of her offsprings. Also I want to know how her head plumage is called. It is something similar to what polish chickens have, but smaller. 20190914_144826.jpg

Attached Files:

2. featheredplanets

featheredplanets Crowing

Nov 28, 2017
    UK
    I’m replying to see what others say. I would have said she’s a mix. I tried searching on Google but can’t find anything on single combed, crested and feather legged pure breeds.

ConnieA and drumstick diva like this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm guessing she's a mix also- the feathered legs could come from a cochin parent, silkie, ?????? who knows what else. The crest makes me thing of crested legbars :idunno

featheredplanets likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You'll probably have the best results if you post at "What breed or gender is this."

5. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Crowing

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    What country are you in, as it may be a landrace breed? Because of the multiple base colors...

ConnieA likes this.
  6. ConnieA

ConnieA Songster

Mar 9, 2015
    I have Sultans, and I have seen Spitzhaubens at shows. Your birds look similar, but not exactly like either. Both breeds have horn combs, and your birds appear to have single combs, so there might be something else in the mix.

I used feathersite.com's pictures for refreshing my memory on the Spitzhaubens:
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Spitz/BRKSpitzhauben.html

If you know the breed name in your country, you may be able to find it in feathersite.com's index.

7. Matieus27

Matieus27 Crowing

Oct 13, 2018
    Owasso, OK
    I was thinking spitzhauben when I first seen it until I seen the legs I think some kind of mix

ConnieA likes this.
  8. featheredplanets

featheredplanets Crowing

Nov 28, 2017
    UK
    I thought maybe Pavlovski but she’s not bearded and I think they should be?

9. ConnieA

ConnieA Songster

Mar 9, 2015
    I think I agree, after looking at the feathersite.com for them:
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Pavlov/BRKPavlov.html
    I wouldn't go by the lack of a muff to rule it out. I have a pretty good line of Crevecoeurs, and once in a while one shows up without a beard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: