Help me identify the mystery chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by imNatSimple, Apr 14, 2012.

1. imNatSimple

imNatSimple Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Today the local feed store was offering as many free chicks as you wanted when you purchase a bag of feed. I walked away with 6 more chicks. :) I have a little mystery guy hanging out with everyone. Care to help me identify it (breed and sex if possible)?

Wings are speckled black (not a solid true black, kind of a murky black-brown-grey color). There are two small smudges of black on the top of its head. It has peach feet and legs. There is a black rim around the edge of the beak. Smaller than my other birds of the same age (white rocks) and very mellow.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

kinda looks like my chick, Mines a mix, it looked just like urs at that age. Do u know where ur feed store got them

[​IMG]

3. imNatSimple

Apr 14, 2012
    I have no idea where they got them. If I had to guess it would be Dunlap Hatchery located in Boise, about 5 hours from here. Who knows though. :)

4. stephanie1992

post pics in a few weeks when it has more feathers. im intrested in what its ganna look like

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It looks like the Tetra Tints that our TSC gets in. The lay brown eggs. :thumbsup

6. imNatSimple

Apr 14, 2012
    Brown eggs are good.....uh but what's a TSC? :) I'm new here just blame it on that lol

7. stephanie1992

Tractor Supply lol

8. imNatSimple

Apr 14, 2012
    Good to know...I was racking my brain trying to figure out what breed that could possibly be. I'm glad I didn't google, then I would have really felt stupid. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by