Help me identify these beauties.

Pivotman94

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Ok so someone just call in to my house and asked if we were missing birds.
Then told me there was two big chickens just down the road. So I went to investigate and found these two beauties, I looks as if they were left there.
So I took them home. Can anyone tell me what breed they are? I think they are hens but can someone confirm.

They are huge birds. With cute hairy feet! :)

The one on the left is a partridge Brahma hen. The one on the right is as well, though on my computer she seems to have a salmon breast. Nice find! Anyone near you have project Brahmas?

Last edited:
The one on the left is a partridge Brahma hen. The one on the right is as well, though on my computer she seems to have a salmon breast. Nice find! Anyone near you have project Brahmas?

Thanks! :)

No we are the only people with hens in the area. The place they where left would suggest they were abandoned.

Here is another picture.

One other question. Will these girls be able to live with my rhode island red's with out to much fuss?

They look like Easter Egger hens to me ( I have 3 ) but the feathers on their feet are a mystery
1f62f.png
I have hens with feathers on their feet but I haven't seen any like this! I will research and see if I can get back to you on this

And about them living with the Rhode Island Reds, yes they will be fine, but I would Introduce them slowly to them. Throwing them right in with the rest will surely lead to major pecking on and maybe even death
1f601.png
good luck with everything!

Its strange that they were abandoned since they are hens and partridge Brahmas are usually on the more expensive side to purchase. They could have been easily sold instead.

Its strange that they were abandoned since they are hens and partridge Brahmas are usually on the more expensive side to purchase. They could have been easily sold instead.

That is what I would have thought? Strange.
They are lovely birds, they don't mind being handled and they look young so I have no idea why someone would abandon them.
Where I found them is a dumping spot in the area. People come to dump old mattresses and so on illegally.
Also there are no farms in the area that keep hens so I have no idea what they were doing there.

Back
Top Bottom