Help me identify these ducklings??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 6mutts, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 6mutts

6mutts Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    St. Clair, MO
    I posted this under the chicken section for breeds and thought i'd put it here to. thanks, oh and I do think the little brown one is a chocolate runner.

Got three little cuties that I have no idea what they are, anyone know duck species? Here's 4 pics, The big grey one is a few weeks older than the other 2, thats why its so much bigger. One is a chocolate color and the other one is yellow with like a grey saddle and it also has a puff on top if its' head, think that's called a crest. Thanks guys! And yes, you can see my two little chicks in the background also, they are supposedly easter eggers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The light colored one looks like a crested Buff, the blue/gray one is a blue runner, and the brown one is a khaki campbell... I think.

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    The little brown one is more than likely a Khaki Campbell, and the yellow one looks like a Pekin.

4. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    Yellow is a Pekin and brown is surely a Khaki. Enjoy!

5. 6mutts

Oct 6, 2008
    St. Clair, MO
    I didn't think pekins had the grey on them, does that indicate a gender? I have 2 ccrested pekins and they were all yellow when they were ducklings.

The blue/grey one does stand very high, so the makes sense if he/she is a runner!

6. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the grey one looks exactly like my blue runner. Where did you get your ducks from?

The brown one could be a runner, but's it's still a little too young to be sure. I've seen pekins with a grey or black patch on their backs before. In fact i saw one with the other all yellow pekins at TSC the other day. It was like he was wearing a little grey coat. [​IMG] I would say either a buff or a mis-colored pekin.

7. 6mutts

Oct 6, 2008
    St. Clair, MO
    thanks guys, I got them at the local Orscheln's store. I just can't resist, I always say "I have a lake, so why not?" [​IMG] My crested pekins from last year are toooooo cute out there, no babies so i suppose they r the same gender.

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The dark brown one with the black feet looks like a khaki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by