Help me identify these sweet little mutts!

TinyLittleFarm

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Wisconsin
A while ago I posted about my chicken Daisy who ran away with her true love, Casper. You can read about it here . The neighbors who have Daisy incubated some of her eggs and offered us two in exchange for Daisy. Of course if you are familiar with chicken math, you understand that two chicks violates the properties of chicken physics. We want at least two hens. There is a 50/50 chance that we will get roos, plus you can't have just two chicks since they are social beings. So we took four. Gosh...I should've gotten more. My chicken math is all wrong. Anyway, these little pumpkins are 7-10 days old or so.

They are all mutts, so I'm not looking for breed ID, but I'm wondering if anyone looks they could be the baby of Daisy and Casper (her husband) or Daisy and Jack (our roo). I want to know who my grandbaby is!
So we are looking for an EE/RSL cross or EE/Light Brahma cross.

Here is Daisy:
50603_daisy2.jpg

Here are the babies.

#1 Nellie
50603_missnellie.jpg

#2 Ginger-she has feathered legs which are hard to see in this pic.
50603_ginger.jpg

#3 not-yet-named
50603_noname.jpg

#4 Candace
50603_candace.jpg

And of course it's too early to tell, but think I picked all girls?

Last edited:
I see a bunch of EE/Brahma crosses.
smile.png

Do you have pics of your Brahma? Some don't pass on the feathered leg genes because hatcheries crossbreed their Brahmas. All but one of mine do not pass their genes on, and one of them is quite clearly half Columbian Rock, even though the hatchery tells otherwise.

I don't have a pic of Jack the Brahma handy, but I can take one. The tricky thing is, that Daisy mated with Jack for maybe a week or two before she eloped over to the neighbor's house. Since then she's been with Casper, the Red Sex Link. The family that has Daisy now also has other feather footed roos, but they weren't able to tell me the breeds. It's possible that any of them is the daddy. I guess there's no way to know!

Do they look girly? Please?

Maybe keep an eye on Ginger? Seeing a little more comb development there but nothing that screams roo. Very cute babies though!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom