1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me keep my Sanity?? Only 2 Images at a time.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cheepchicks, May 7, 2007.

1. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I am chicken illiterate and a newbie. Terrible combination, please take pity on me and help me figure out what they sent. I ordered 25 rare and rarest of rare chicks plus one freebie. I lost 1 of 26 and was pretty proud of that. However I am racking my brain and the internet trying to figure out what they are....HELP! Please?

P.S. They are right at 8 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dont know about the first one, but the second one is a Modern Game Bantam. Both roosters.

3. wolfpack62001

wolfpack62001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    New Brockton, Alabama
    The 2nd Pic is a Partrige Rock Roo.
    I have 20 hens, wanna trade?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, wolf, I saw another pic of that same rooster posted and it has long skinny legs, tall and lanky. It looks just like a Modern Game. cheepchicks, you need to post a picture so we can see a body shot here.

5. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Maybe I should have given a bit more info. These chicks came from McMurray Hatchery they are either from their list of Rare breed assortment or Rarest of rare assortment. I think that should narrow down the possiblities. I have several of the ones with the golden feathers on the neck and several with the silver. I order 25 chicks and got a mystery chick...they are all mysteries to me....and I want to narrow them down so I can choose a single breed and then find good homes for the others.

Thanks for the help,

Kim

6. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    he first chick looks like my Pheonix roo did, here is his pic, when he was round that age.
    [​IMG]

here he is today.
    [​IMG]

7. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    he's so pretty, all of them are (all the pics on the page) [​IMG] i can't wait to get mine

8. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Oh my gosh. I would be so tickled if there were just one phoenix in my mix.

Thank you all for the comments and the help

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by