HELP ME! Ma #2 died and there's only Ma #1 !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magicpigeon, Nov 29, 2010.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I originally had 2 pigeons sitting on chicken eggs (my silkies "forget" about their eggs 2 weeks in [​IMG] ) and all was going fine until yesterday, when Ma #2 died! It wasn't an illness, but she was getting on in age, and was incredibly mothering [​IMG] So there's Ma #1 sitting on eggs 24/7 and I candled them for the 1st time today and I'm guessing they're around 7-9 days old (and alive :O) ... Can a lone pigeon take care of 2 silkie chicks? I really want them to hatch, but if she's going to get hurt then I'll abandon it [​IMG]
    Inconveniently, I'm leaving on the 7th (No, I can't cancel this) so it'll be up to my uncle to see if they hatch , which I'm hoping they will. I'm going to section off an area of the aviary for her (she lives with other chickens and a young pigeon) and pray she doesn't get lonely [​IMG]

HELP ME!!!
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
  3. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert County MD
    omgosh scarey! do you have someone to watch them when your gone? I think they should be good...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by