HELP ME! Ma #2 died and there's only Ma #1 !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magicpigeon, Nov 29, 2010.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I originally had 2 pigeons sitting on chicken eggs (my silkies "forget" about their eggs 2 weeks in [​IMG] ) and all was going fine until yesterday, when Ma #2 died! It wasn't an illness, but she was getting on in age, and was incredibly mothering [​IMG] So there's Ma #1 sitting on eggs 24/7 and I candled them for the 1st time today and I'm guessing they're around 7-9 days old (and alive :O) ... Can a lone pigeon take care of 2 silkie chicks? I really want them to hatch, but if she's going to get hurt then I'll abandon it [​IMG]
    Inconveniently, I'm leaving on the 7th (No, I can't cancel this) so it'll be up to my uncle to see if they hatch , which I'm hoping they will. I'm going to section off an area of the aviary for her (she lives with other chickens and a young pigeon) and pray she doesn't get lonely [​IMG]

HELP ME!!!

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Anyone?[​IMG]

3. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    omgosh scarey! do you have someone to watch them when your gone? I think they should be good...... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by