Help Me Make an Article/Guide that Shows the Different SOP Beak, Shank, Eye, & Skin Colors!

Neco

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2017
Canterbury, Connecticut
Hi Everyone!

I know I've struggled to find good examples of the proper colors mentioned in the breed standard books so I've decided to try to make a guide that I will turn into an article in order to help others, but I need your help!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR FROM YOU:
I am looking for photo examples of each of the different colors of Beak, Shank, Eye, & Skin Colors listed in the Standard of Perfection/ABA Bantam Standard books.

RULES:
  • Photos should be at least 800 x 800 pixels, of good quality (without any blurriness) and can be in horizontal or vertical format.
  • Posting your photo gives me permission to use your photo only for a BackYard Chickens Article. It allow allows me to crop, resize, rotate, minor retouch, or add embellishment (arrows, circles, etc.) to your photo if needed.
  • Please include which colors you are shown in your photo. You may also include your chicken's breed and name.
  • If you are unsure of what your birds colors are feel free to ask others for help (I am no expert on this and will be learning as I go). Or if you spot that someone has mislabeled theirs please politely let then know.
  • If your photo is used I will make sure to include proper credit underneath the photo and link back to your profile. If you included details about your bird I will also include those. Below is an example.
Beak: Horn
Eyes: Reddish Bay
Comb, Face, Wattles: Bright Red

Earlobes: Bright Red (This bird is showing a tiny bit of white, a defect for her breed.)
beakcolorexample.jpg

Freckles, a Splash Old English Game Bantam hen, photo by
Neco.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Last edited:
Beak: yellow shaded with horn
Comb, face, and wattles: bright red
Earlobes: bright red
Shanks and toes: yellow (showing a little bay shading, which is acceptable for particolored breeds.)
Example: bantam Buckeye
CED40FFC-DD06-473A-9A09-9A6FF3BC4DF9.jpeg
CCEB5767-5EB0-4D75-8431-A4A555B01996.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom