Help me make guesses as to what color she will lay :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FlyingtheCoop, Jan 31, 2011.

1. FlyingtheCoop

FlyingtheCoop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    I have a relic of a camera so excuse the horrific photos. The first picture was taken today, the second picture was taken just over a month ago. Mother was a Dorking and Dad was a sneaky Ameraucana. Any guesses what color eggs I might see?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I have two girls that look exactly like her. One lays peachy brown and the other bluegreen eggs. [​IMG]

3. Dray67

Dray67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    I would expect a light mint green. Pale blue from the Ameraucana and the pale tint from the dorking. It will be nice in a colorful egg basket. Breed her back to the Ameraucana.

4. Dray67

Dray67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Aberdeen, MD
    How old is she?

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Was the dad a real Ameraucana or an Easter Egger? That coloration and the fact that she doesn't have muffs/beard, which are dominant, says dad is an EE, meaning she's likely to lay a light green or brown egg.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:x2

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Is that a pea comb or a single comb? Looks like a pea comb. Most times an Easter Egger cross with a pea comb will lay blue/green eggs, and a single comb will lay brown eggs. I found this to be true with my nine EE mixes! Two laid blue/green (and had pea combs), and seven laid brown eggs (and had single combs). [​IMG]

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:True... but even if she does, her legs are pink and she has no muffs/beard/etc. If I had to guess, I'd say brown, possibly green.

9. FlyingtheCoop

FlyingtheCoop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    I'd say she's somewhere in the range of 20-24 weeks, I can't remember exactly what I was told. Also, she still had another pullet from the same hatch that did have muffs, I just chose this one instead. The mother was a red Dorking (rather than a silver grey), hence the coloration, extra toe, and white legs.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by