Help me name my babies!!!! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickLover98, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Ok, I'm hatching my Amber link/RIR eggs and need to come up with names for six pullets that I will be keeping! Some definate names that I want are Primrose and Lilly, but I need help with the other four! They don't have to be flowers, but they have to fit in with the rest of my flock (listed below) and need to be pretty! Thanks! I'll let everyone know what are the winning names at the end!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Hmmm....flower names. Daffodil, Lilac, Tulip, Rosie, Posie...

Do you like PJ and the Olympians???? I noticed you named your other pullets "Thalia" and "Bianca"! I like the books alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they're awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I love PJ and the olympians! Thats where i got Thalia Pheobe and Bianca! Great names! They dont have to be flowers, though! I'll consider them, though! Keep on posting!

[​IMG]

4. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    im on number 4!!!! I HEART THOSE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!

5. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Please! We need more names! Keep suggesting! [​IMG]

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Petunia, Saffron, Rosemary.......? My hens names are: Nephertiti, Cleopatra, Paisley, Jewel, Speckles, Starlight, Miss Cluck, Little Red Hen, and Henny Penny. I just love coming up with names for my chickens! My roosters are: King Strut, Stripe, Peter, and Foghorn Leghorn.[​IMG]

Here's some more ideas----Rosita, Magenta, Guinevere(sp?), Marigold, Tulip

7. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Great names! Keep it up! So far, I love everyones!!! [​IMG]

Also, I have just read the book, Catching Fire, in the Hunger Games series. Thats where I got Primrose from. Any other ideas are great! They dont have to be nature-related! Keep those creative juices flowin'! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  8. EE lover:)

EE lover:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    North Carolina
    how about kelii? it's Hawaiin for dove.

9. ChickLover98

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Awesome! Does anyone know what chicken, hen, chick or bird is in another language? That would be so cool! [​IMG]

10. HB&B

HB&B Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Woodlawn, TN
    pollo (said pole-yo) is chicken in spanish.

My hens names are: Bertha (leghorn) Angel (EE) Henny(black star) Nuggett (EE X) Mary anne(from the manaed (sp?) on True Blood cause she's evil [​IMG] looking and had bald spots where she was over breed on her back. shes a black-star) Paco is our Roo (mexi game cock mix) and I have yet to name my other 2 leghorns.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by