Help me name my duckling!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pyxis, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    She was hatched Thursday, and she's such a sweetheart. She's a welsh harlequin, so she'll be gorgeous when she's older. She has a little heart on her beak, see?

[​IMG]

She needs a good name :) She tried to hatch before she even absorbed her yolk, so I had to put her in a Ziploc bag contraption so she could absorb it and it wouldn't dry out:

[​IMG]

And here she is just after she finished:

[​IMG]

I'd love some name suggestions for her! I'd especially love names that go along with the heart on her beak, or any fall-themed names. Around here, Pumpkin, Apple, and Cider are already taken so those are out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Songster

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Daisy Duck

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Awwww CONGRATS!!!

4. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Here's a picture of her yesterday. She really needs a name, little sweetheart.

[​IMG]

5. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Songster

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Daisy !!!

6. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Crowing

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    SweetHeart!! [​IMG]

7. I would name her "Juicy Fruit" for a couple of reasons:

after Juice Newton - singer of "Queen of Hearts" (because of the heart on her beak and it's a great song).

Hearts are symbolic of love, and Juice is relative, because of the Fruits of the Spirit, the greatest being love.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

She's adorable! How 'bout Autumn? I love that name, one of my daughter's has that name!! [​IMG]

9. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I loved them all, so I decided to let her pick between your suggestions, some names I was playing with, and some names my friends suggested. I said them all to her and the name she responded to most was the one I went with. She chose Cupcake! As soon as I said it to her she started peeping back to me and ran over and tilted her head up to look at me :D

10. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Crowing

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Thats adorable! I love the name!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by