Help me Name these Little Devils.

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
La Fleche....'the Devil's Chicken' or so my poultry handbook tells me.

Actually, one of five, he is very sweet if a bit nervous.

At just 5 weeks of age, he (and I'm pretty sure it is a he), has the most impressive comb.

IMG_6112.JPG

Now, I have thought of the usual....Lucifer, Nick, Damien......but I'd welcome for something more original.

It looks like I have three cockerels to 2 pullets, so a few names would be good. The girls....well I've come up with the usual Cruella and Morticia, but they don't sound so good, either.

Come on folks....help me out.

I actually like Morticia... my girls are Morticia, Natasha, Samantha and Lily :) But as soon as I saw your picture I thought of Lastat, one of Anne Rice's Vampires .... I googled and found this list.. thaere are some good names in here :)

Anne Rice's Vampires

Akasha
Amadeo
Arjun
Armand
Asphar
Avicus
Baby Jenks
Bianca
Benji

Celeste
Claudia

Daniel
David Talbot

Enkil
Estelle
Eudoxia

Flavius

Gabrielle

Khayman

Jesse

Lestat
Louis

Madeleine
Mael
Maharet
Marius
Mekare
Merrick

Nicki

Pandora

Rashid

Santiago
Sybill

Zenobia

From Wikipedia

Old Scratch or Mr. Scratch is a folk name for The Devil in the local legends of New England and pre-Civil War America

So I suggest Scratch. It's also what chickens do.

While descriptions of Gorgons vary across Greek literature, the term commonly refers to any of three sisters who had hair of living, venomous snakes, and a horrifying visage that turned those who beheld it to stone. Traditionally, while two of the Gorgons were immortal, Stheno and Euryale, their sister Medusa was not, and was slain by the mythical hero Perseus.

Good luck on the pronunciation.

Last edited:
Crikey....some WONDERFUL names . Already plenty of choice.

The girls look pretty similar, but much smaller 'horns'

When grown the 'horn' comb is pretty impressive in size in the males.

Last edited:
If I were going with the Vampire names I'd use Lastat, Bianca, Claudia, Estelle & Madeline. Of course I also like Sybill ... and if another one ended up being a Roo, Santiago would be my choice :)

Now I want more chicks so I can name them after Vampires...lol

Let us know what you decide!

a few I can already rule out as I have chickens or sheep already with those names.......Mort (NN roo...he came aged 6 weeks and Mort was chosen as it could be either Mortimer or Morticia), Jessie/Jesse, as we have a Jezobel we call Jessie, Claudia (ram called Claude),and plenty of other silly names.....Blackchops, Twp (Welsh for stupid),Scragbag, oh, and Jared the dog (named by my daughter after Jared Leto....definitely not a dog!).

I am definitely liking these names, though.

Back
Top Bottom