1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me out, Him or Her? PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chick2good4u, Jun 16, 2008.

1. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got one out of my order of 12 I think is going to be a boy. Let me know what you think. His comb isn't redder/bigger but his feathers are pointier and prettier and his tail is much smaller then the others. Also, his feathers came in different. They are all RIR except 1 partridge rock. All turned 4 weeks Fri. I put some pictures of the others for comparison. Thanks for the help.

- Tracie

[​IMG]
    Him?

[​IMG]
    Him?

[​IMG]
    Him? with one of the girls

[​IMG]
    Henrietta

[​IMG]
    Penny

[​IMG]
    Partridge rock Girl?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. chick2good4u

chick2good4u Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone?

3. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    It is kind of hard to tell with the pictures not very big. I don't know mabey I just need glasses [​IMG]

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Click on the pics to enlarge

5. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    I guess you have to be smarter than your average bear. [​IMG] I looked at all the pictures and I can't tell on any of them.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I don't know about the chick in the last pic, but I'm fairly certain the one in the first pic is a roo.

7. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    I agree you have a Roo there. (just guessing of course- going by my own experience)- his tail feathers are a dead give-away. Also the (what I call) "scruffy feathering" always seemed to happen to my roos for feather development.
    As for the Partridge, Altho the legs seem thick...I'd still have to say girl. Comparing to my 8 week old Partirdge Roo...she has longer tail-feathers than he has at 8 weeks and she seems to have nice feathering.

I think the boys pay in the begining on development....and then they turn out to be sooo beautiful! It is ashame...... I get blessed with to many of them and can't keep them all, and they are always the nicest looking ones too!!! [​IMG]

anywho- Nice looking cuties!

8. freerange freaks

freerange freaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I completely agree that it's a roo. The short tail feather jump right out. He sure is handsom though.

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Click on the pics to enlarge

[​IMG] That is so funny. I was thinking, "How can the OP seriously think we can see these pictures?" te he Having another blonde moment I guess. [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I hope you guys are right because I only have 2 and they look a lot like Henrietta. Well they have tails and they are 5 wks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by