1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Me Out

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SilkieAngel16, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SilkieAngel16

SilkieAngel16 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Texas
    Ok I feel so confused. At my chemistry lab I somehow always get paired up with the same guy. He is quiet, extremely shy. When I talk to him he smiles and blushes but then looks away quickly. After class he walks away quickly and leaves. I am a total tomboy I have no clue what is going on. Thoughts? Thank you so much.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    That's a pretty good sign that he likes you.

3. SilkieAngel16

Jan 12, 2013
    Texas
    Oh okay lol thanks but why does he leave so quickly?

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    He could feel intimidated. Once chemistry is over you guys would have to talk about something besides the assignment and that sort of conversation might make him nervous since he's shy.

5. SilkieAngel16

Jan 12, 2013
    Texas
    I noticed that he always wears a black ops shirt, and since I also play the game I tried to open a conversation. He talked about it for maybe five minutes and then total silence... It was so awkward after that. I also noticed he really doesn't understand the math part. Maybe that has something to do with it?

6. SilkieAngel16

Jan 12, 2013
    Texas
    Another thing is that he never speaks until I do directly to him

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Just a guess, but I'm assuming you're a girl. That alone makes him extremely nervous. He probably doesn't know how to act around you, and fears if he opens his mouth, he'll say something stupid. Keep trying, find something in common you can talk about. Video games, the next basket ball game, his favorite sports team, his car..anything. He might come around for you. [​IMG]

8. SilkieAngel16

Jan 12, 2013
    Texas
    Uh yeah I'm a girl!! XD Haha thanks so much I'll try that. It was making me feel uncomfortable as I don't deal with silence well... I am a very bold person lol. I keep thinking maybe he just really doesn't like my prescence and maybe I shouldn't talk to him... But who likes an awkward silence? Not me! I just don't understand how come he would smile and then take off like there was a fire just to stand outside and talk to no one ?

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like he is just being a shy boy! Just keep being friendly and maybe he'll come around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by