Help me pick another incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrsfoote, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    So i have 2 Hova-Bator 1602 models which I really like but I'd like a more high tech incubators so I'm looking at a few different models.

I'm looking at the Hova Bator Genisis.

The Brisnea Octagon 20 ECO egg incubator

Or this one on Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Egg-Incubator-B...260?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0c5da23c

Or any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated

I don't need a sportsman I don't hatch that many eggs just something more high tech and accurate.

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:From what I have heard: get the brinsea.

3. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Brinsea all the way... [​IMG]

4. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
  5. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    What are the advantages of the brisnea compared to the Genisis

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Brinsea is stupid proof. I set my eggs, adjust temps and humidity the first few days and leave it be until lockdown. The entire thing (not the top) can be submersed for easy cleaning, it is small sized so it fits on a counter top (holds 24 chicken eggs). Stupid proof. I have totally forgotten about a hatch and the thing wound up bone dry and I still had a good hatch.

7. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Brinsea is stupid proof. I set my eggs, adjust temps and humidity the first few days and leave it be until lockdown. The entire thing (not the top) can be submersed for easy cleaning, it is small sized so it fits on a counter top (holds 24 chicken eggs). Stupid proof. I have totally forgotten about a hatch and the thing wound up bone dry and I still had a good hatch.

[​IMG] stupid proof

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] stupid proof

Well it is. I had NO CLUE what I was doing, and I still managed to hatch something.

9. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been VERY happy with my Genesis 1588!!!! Temp is pre set at 99.5, comes with egg turner and fan to circulate air.
    All I do is plug it in, add water and eggs and away we go. I call it a " plug and play".
    I check the water level every 3 or 4 days. With the turner, it can hold 41/42 chicken eggs, but I've never loaded it with that many.
    Got mine in May of this year and have had wonderful success!! [​IMG]

10. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Anyone Else please???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by