HELP ME PLEASE cicks toes curled up UPDATE PG 2

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
My delaware chick when we went to feed this evening that was in the brooder both of her feet are curled up and she is walking on what would be her ankles (where her feet meet her legs) we brought her in the house and put her in isolation in another brooder we have in my living room. she is eating and drinking water with vitamins in it. she is 4 weeks old going on 5 weeks does anyone know what is going on with my baby. I have antibiotics if needed. I have tylan 50 injectable, duramacyn water soluable, and sulmet. please I don't want to loose another chick. I just lost 2 2 weeks ago that went lame and could not walk 1 white laced cornish and 1 barred rock. the cornish died on its own the barred rock dh put down Please any help would be great
thanks
cathy

Last edited:
here is what her feet look like
100_0810.jpg

4 weeks old is OLD to suddenly develop this. Start giving her some vitamins in water. I don't know what else to suggest, I have used the cardboard and bandaid on chicks but never at this age.

they were not like this yesterday. she was fine up and walking all over the brooder now today she can't walk she just lays and when she does try to walk it is on the sides of her feet

I don't know , she is eating real good and drinking vitamin water. how could I add more riboflavin to her diet? she is on chick starter still like she is suppose to be.

I would start her on Poly-Vi-Sol and feed her scrambled egg and other fruits, veggies, and meats to supplement her diet of chick starter. She could very well be suffering from a vitamin deficiency. In the natural, chickens free range and forage and eat everything they can find including lots of bugs, slugs and other meat protein. Dice up some lunch meat like ham or turkey and feed her that as well.

Back
Top Bottom