help me please!! ? on turing

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hnbubz, Jan 21, 2009.

1. hnbubz

hnbubz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    so i just got my incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and i want to know, is there a thermometer that has humidity and temp that i can put in there? can i turn them at 6:00 am, 6:30 PM and then 10 Pm or is that too spread? when i turn them how do i do it? it say that you always wanna have the large end up but then when i turn them wont the small end be up? please help!

2. hnbubz

Nov 6, 2008
    oh yea,, when i open the incubator will the temp change? i have a really nice one my honors bio teacher lent me [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  3. hnbubz

Nov 6, 2008
    bbbuuuuuuummmmmmpppp

4. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I got a thermo/hydro meter at Walmart for $7. It is the best investment I've ever bought. Also, just make sure when you tn the smaller end of the egg is tipped down more than the bigger part of the egg. And your schedule for turning sounds good to me. As long as their gettng turned an odd amount of times a day so their not on the same side every night sounds good. GOOD LUCK!!![​IMG]

5. hnbubz

Nov 6, 2008
    thank you so much! do you knnow how i can keep the humidity consistent, and i dont get what they mean by 60%, does it say that on the thermometer?

6. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    I have never used a schedule for turning my eggs but I do try to space it out by a few hours.

Ex.

Turn 1- When I get up
    Turn 2- After lunch
    Turn 3- Before I go to bed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by