HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Pip n Baybelle, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Pip n Baybelle

Pip n Baybelle Hatching

Nov 15, 2019
    I have a sick rooster and hen and want to bring them in to nourish them back to health but don't have an sorta cage what do i need a do to bring them in. They are my babies and I need to get them something put together inside

ValerieJ likes this.
  2. wyochick10

wyochick10 Songster

Apr 3, 2018
    NW Wyoming
    I’m sorry to hear that they are sick. How old are they? Do you have a plastic tote that you could put them in to get them inside?

Eggcessive and ValerieJ like this.
  3. Henry&Friends

Henry&Friends Songster

May 6, 2018
    The bathtub or shower is easily cleaned out, but they might be able to hop on out.

Suedan and ValerieJ like this.
  4. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    I use a dog crate, but have also made some simple panels with wood frame and plastic chicken wire attached, then I just wire them together when I need them. Or if you have a spare bath, you could use the tub, but you would need to line it with a tarp, or painter's plastic drop cloth, so the shaving, straw and chicken waste doesn't go down the drain.

Is this your first post? If so, welcome to BYC!

Suedan and Eggcessive like this.
  5. Henry&Friends

Henry&Friends Songster

May 6, 2018
    If your basement isn’t full of stuff, you could put them down there until you set something else up. Just don’t forget to clean up afterwards...

ValerieJ likes this.
  6. CatWhisperer

CatWhisperer Crowing

Jun 16, 2013
    northwest Arkansas
    Large wire dog crates on Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, or flea markets

ValerieJ likes this.
  7. jenncat1

jenncat1 Chirping

Jun 21, 2019
    I've had that problem with housing different animals too. Go around your house, garage, whatever & gather things that "could" be panels. I've used the board on the back of cheap poster frames even. Get out the duct tape & start creating.

Suedan and ValerieJ like this.
  8. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Who could forget that? :sick:gig

Suedan likes this.
  9. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    A wire dog crate is ideal, but the other suggestions so far are good as well. Do you have a friend or family member that has a crate the you could borrow? Food and water needs to be secured to the side of the crate so that it doesn’t get knocked over. I use plastic coffee cans for water, kept full and drill 2 holes near the top, and tie it to the side with a shoelace.

Now to the health issues, how old are the rooster and hen? What symptoms are you seeing? Where did they come from and how long have you owned them? What do their poops look like? Are they eating and drinking? Does the hen lay eggs?

ValerieJ likes this.
  10. Henry&Friends

Henry&Friends Songster

May 6, 2018
    me, but like forever. I had to sweep up last years shavings before I set up this years brooder... :confused:

Suedan, jenncat1 and ValerieJ like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: