HELP ME PLZZZ

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bantammenace, Aug 21, 2014.

1. bantammenace

bantammenace Hatching

Aug 21, 2014
    I have an LG I started my eggs 6 days ago and I had an egg Turner but it went out I've been turning my eggs twice a day well 2 days ago I added a fan and today I candle the eggs and there are veins and little specs well I guess about 19 of 27 the veins are stuck on the egg the embryos Will jiggle but won't move. Am I pretty well screwed or what should I do?????!!!!!??? Any suggestions and comments greatly appreciated I got a great assortment of bannys and game eggs it would suck to lose them but it's a learning thing could it be the change from still air to forced bcuz they really took off when I put the fan in

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    No you are not from what you have described that is what they should be like some veins move some don't. Take a deep breath and try not to panic. Have a look at some candling pics.

3. Orca5094

Orca5094 Songster

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Your eggs sound very normal, no worries!! The veins shouldn't really move much at all, they often appear stationary along the inside of the egg. I would suggest turning them more often if possible, though. Five times a day is best I think, but at least 3 times would also be fine. Good luck! :)

4. spotsplus

spotsplus Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    Take a deep breath! Your doing great :) Hang in there and soon you'll have some chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by