help me plzzzz baby chick not well

amirfarmer

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 9, 2013
my 2 weeks old chick is not well........his body is warm....as it iss winter arrival so i have puttted it very close to a yellow bulb.... he is not eating anything.... till yesterday he wad fine..... if i close the buld than he stands up and open his eyes.....when i turned on the buld he sits and close his eyes......before separating him from other chicks he was trying to get close to them

he just sounds like he is cold. the yellow light you are talking about is a bug light? they dont throw enough heat for babies he should be at 85 degrees in the brooder. get a thermometer and check the brooder. you could wet his food with some warm sugar water in the meantime.

Read up on chick care, lots of helpful information posted here. They need to be kept very warm until they are fully feathered and if he's bunching up with other chicks he may just be trying to keep warm. They also sleep a lot but if he seems sleepier than normal check to make sure he doesn't have poo covering his vent and that he's eating and drinking.

now there are two bulbs.......one is next to him and the other is on roof which is also close

Back
Top Bottom