1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me sex my chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madame Ivory, Aug 20, 2013.

1. madame Ivory

madame Ivory Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Ok I have a few on this thread so please be patient lol Any advice is greatly appreciated! And all of these guys are about 4 weeks old

My first is a red frizzle cochin I got from my hardware store. I'm thinking she is a pullet
    [​IMG]

Second is my Black copper maran I got from the local :bageniece farms"it" chicken guy. He also provides chickens to my sons school and fertile hatching eggs for their spring hatchings. I think he is a roo but I have heard bcm pullets have lard combs.
    [​IMG]
    3rd is my mille Fleur who I got along with the frizzle at my hardware store I'm thinking roo but I hope not.Compared to the other fleurs they had this one had thin legs where as the others had VERY thick legs and way bigger combs.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    4th is my salmon faverolle.He came from the "it" chicken guy. I think he is a roo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last is my polish. I'm thinking my polish is a pullet. She is also from the chicken guy[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So my assumptions are
    Frizzle = pullet
    Copper maran = Roo
    Mille Fleur = Roo
    Salmon Fav = Roo
    Polish = pullet

2. lilliesanchicks

lilliesanchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    At this point I agree with your assumptions.

Frizzle = pullet
    Copper maran = Roo
    Mille Fleur = Roo
    Salmon Fav = Roo
    Polish = pullet for now

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

4. madame Ivory

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Thank you. I should of guessed I might have gotten another mystery breed because my older hen from the same guy was a mystery as well. You suggested might be a mottled java. It just stinks this guy is supposed to be the best around and obviously isn't. I purchased from him 2 diff times and both times have gotten different breeds than he sold them as.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

1 person likes this.
  6. madame Ivory

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Thank you :)

7. madame Ivory

May 14, 2013